Tuesday 3 April 2012

Education Quotes


Here are 10 of my favourite quotes on education.  What are some of your favourites?


Albert Einstein – “One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year.”

David O. McKay - “True education does not consist merely in the acquiring of a few facts of science, history, literature, or art, but in the development of character.” 

Herbert M. Shelton - “It is always a much easier task to educate uneducated people than to re-educate the mis-educated.” 

Herbert Spencer – “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.”

Mark Twain – “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”

Nelson Mandela – “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” 

Richard Dawkins - “Science replaces private prejudice with public, verifiable evidence.”

Sharon Salzberg - “We need the courage to learn from our past and not live in it.” 

Thomas Jefferson – “There is nothing more unequal than the equal treatment of unequal people.” 

William Butler Yeats – “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment